NJPW star KENTA has reacted to AEW World Champion CM Punk not naming him on his list of dream opponents for Forbidden Door.
During the post-Double Or Nothing media scrum, CM Punk was asked about potential dream opponents from New Japan Pro Wrestling.
Punk named Will Ospreay, Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kazuchika Okada as the NJPW stars he would most like to face.
However, one big name that was excluded was KENTA. The Bullet Club member has been teasing on social media for years about a dream match with Punk since he started using his Go To Sleep finisher.
KENTA took to social media and responded to Punk’s list, saying:
It looks like the forbidden door won’t open for me But I’m totally fine as long as he pays royalty #Go2Sleep
— KENTA aka Lil’K (@KENTAG2S) May 31, 2022
Punk recently rejected the idea of facing KENTA at the upcoming AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door pay-per-view on June 26.
For more information on the event, click here.
- Drew McIntyre & Kevin Owens Brand Themselves ‘Wrestlers In A Wrestling Ring’ In Insane WWE Raw Promo
- Theory Returns On WWE Raw
- Ezekiel’s Dad ‘Ernie Jr’ Makes Appearance On WWE Raw
- Record Numbers For WrestleMania 39 Ticket Sales
- Hikaru Shida Bringing Championship Back To AEW From Japan
- AEW Stars Planned For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- WWE Backstage Budget Cuts Having Big Effect
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Says Vince McMahon Displayed ‘Super Racist’ ‘Cultural Ignorance’ That Dictated Storylines
- Dexter Lumis Jumps The Barricade During United States Championship Clash
- Real Reason For Big Increase In AEW Rampage Viewership