Kevin Nash has reflected on a conversation with a top WWE star ahead of their first WrestleMania.
In January 2016, the wrestling world was turned on their head when former TNA and IWGP Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles made his WWE debut in the Royal Rumble Match.
Since then, Styles has accomplished so much as one of several Grand Slam champions in company history.
Speaking on the latest episode of “Kliq This”, WWE Hall of Famer Kevin Nash recalled giving Styles some advice prior to his bout against Chris Jericho at WrestleMania 32.
“I remember AJ’s first WrestleMania. He was just like ‘F*** man, I just want to get through this’ because they ran him ragged.”
“I said no, I said that’s what they do, they rob you of these moments. I said cherish this because one day you’re going to be my age knowing that you’re never going to get out there again, and you’ll wish to God that you savored this moment that you have right now.”
Bringing up how Styles responded, Nash said:
“He said ‘Well go f*** yourself. I said okay, I was just trying to help.”
AJ Styles is currently embroiled in a feud along with The O.C.’s Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows and the returning Mia Yim with The Judgment Day.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Cody Rhodes Claims He Almost Got Into A Backstage Fight With Top WWE Star
- Final 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductee Revealed
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Update On WWE’s Confidence In Signing Jay White & Kota Ibushi
- Carmella WWE Absence Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Vince McMahon ‘Not That Involved’ In WWE Creative Says Nick Khan
- PHOTOS: First Look At WrestleMania 39 Stage
- Pat McAfee WrestleMania 39 Status Revealed
- WWE Stars Vow Bloodshed At NXT Stand & Deliver
- Former WWE NXT Star Makes AEW Debut