The Pop-up Powerbomb has been a staple of Kevin Owens’ offence since he started in NXT many years ago, and it has claimed the lives of the likes of John Cena in the past.
However, upon his return to WWE on last night’s episode of SmackDown Live, Owens looked to have debuted a brand new finisher, one that was instantly recognisable to anyone who have ever watched wrestling.
.@FightOwensFight nails Bryan with the Stunner! pic.twitter.com/ZUwfyqFPTr
— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) February 27, 2019
Owens is a self-admitted Stone Cold super-fan, and although he has used it before it a match with Roman Reigns in 2017, this is the first time he’s used it as a match finisher.
Owens has previously appeared on Stone Cold’s podcast where the Texas Rattlesnake gave him tips on how to hit it properly. He tweeted the following after the match:
Hey @steveaustinBSR, I finally figured it out!
— Now. (@FightOwensFight) February 27, 2019
Do you think it should be his new finisher? Did you prefer the Pop-up Powerbomb? Let us know in the comments.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Jon Moxley Has High Praise For Surprising AEW Star
- Top AEW Star’s Return Date Confirmed