Kevin Owens has not been on WWE Raw in recent weeks, with his plans reportedly being put on hold due to Sami Zayn’s explosion in popularity.
Owens however has been wrestling on WWE live events, including last night’s show in Madison, Wisconsin.
Owens took on Austin Theory in a match on the show, where he seemingly suffered a knee injury.
Owens was helped to the back, with the nature of the injury being unknown.
However, per Dave Meltzer, Owens’ injury is an MCL sprain.
Meltzer noted that the wording was such as though they are hopeful that is all the injury is, with the idea that it could potentially be more than that.
Owens’ last match on WWE Raw was a tag team match, where he teamed with Johnny Gargano to defeat the Alpha Academy.
Many expected Owens to be the final member of the team facing off with the Bloodline in WarGames at Survivor Series.
Drew McIntyre, Sheamus, Butch and Ridge Holland brawled with the Bloodline to close out the November 11 episode of SmackDown, seemingly setting up the match.
Sami Zayn missed the show due to personal issues.
You can keep up to date with all currently injured WWE stars at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Needs Career-Threatening Surgery
- Uncle Howdy Gets New Female Companion On SmackDown?
- Major Update On Randy Orton WWE Return
- Big Return On WWE SmackDown You Might Have Missed!
- Potential Spoilers On Bray Wyatt Plans For SmackDown November 25
- Former Champion Accuses Fellow WWE Stars Of ‘Poisoning’ Wrestling
- WWE Star Competes Injured & Sustains Another Injury
- What Happens When You Call Uncle Howdy
- Another WWE Name Change On SmackDown
- Current WWE Name Apologises To AEW Star For Taking His Job