The WWE contract of Kevin Owens is reportedly set to expire much sooner than previously expected.
Fightful Select (subscription required) reports that they were made aware that Owens’ deal is reportedly set to expire in January 2022.
Owens signed a five-year extension back in 2018, which would carry him through to 2023. However, a WWE source says that the company restructured several contracts ahead of the pandemic, meaning Owens’ deal was changed to expire in 2022 instead, for whatever reason.
Fightful was not told of any other details of the deal, or the reason why it was shortened.
The situation with Owens is different from the previous situations with Adam Cole and Pete Dunne, and WWE officials are aware of when Owens’ deal expires.
Kevin Owens posted and deleted a Tweet earlier today, referencing his old stable with the aforementioned Adam Cole, leading to speculation that he may be heading to AEW.
- WWE ‘Very Worried’ About Upcoming SmackDown
- Changes To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian Revealed
- ‘National Scissoring Day’ Celebration Set For October 5 AEW Dynamite
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For September 30, 2022
- Huge Stipulation Match Added To WWE Extreme Rules
- Triple H Makes Change To Gunther’s Ring Name?
- Here’s What Saraya Had To Say During First AEW Promo
- AEW Dark: Elevation Spoilers For October 3 Revealed
- Malakai Black Shows Off Incredible New Head Tattoo (PHOTO)
- MJF Match Announced For October 5 AEW Dynamite