Killer Kross Reflects On WWE Main Roster Call-Up

5 months ago by Taylor Sanchez

Killer Kross Reflects On WWE Main Roster Call-Up

Killer Kross (fka WWE’s Karrion Kross) has opened up about his WWE main roster call-up.

On the July 19 edition of Raw, the previously undefeated Kross was defeated by Hardy in under two minutes, in his first match on the brand.

The loss sparked fan outrage, with some accusing WWE of purposefully trying to bury the NXT Champion.

Speaking on  Oral Sessions, with Renee Paquette, Kross stated that he was told that there was a long-term plan for him after putting Hardy over. Kross explained that he was told by the referee that the match had been shortened from 10 minutes to 90 seconds.

Sharing his honest thoughts on his debut, Kross said:

“When I went up and they asked me to do the match with Jeff and put him over, I was like, ‘Sure, that’s fine.’ I grew up a fan of Jeff and getting to meet him and him being cool was an awesome experience, he’s literally one of the coolest people I’ve ever met. ‘That’s fine.’ One of the agents came to me and was like, ‘there’s a long-term plan for this so don’t sweat it and don’t worry.’ Okay, cool. I do my entrance and get out there. The ref comes to me and goes, ‘Hey, your 10 minute match is down to 90 seconds.’

“First time we’re working on television, we don’t really know each other in the ring, our rhythm, they come back from commercial and I’m trying not to laugh. If you go back and watch, I’m smiling, closed mouth, trying to hold it back. As soon as Jeff got in the ring, I snatched him and called what we needed to do and that was it.

“When I went back to NXT the next day, I spoke with someone there and I go, ‘look, my biggest fear right now is that there’s a hole being dug for me and I’m nervous that if I’m not permitted to crawl out of it myself and people absolve themselves of the creative situation, I’m not going to be a return of investment, I’m going to get fired. What do you think I should do? Part of this business is doing what you are told.’

“Nobody wants a reputation of being difficult to work with. Nobody wants a reputation of being a mark for themselves or not wanting to do business. Here I am, I personally had the dream experience in NXT. I walked in there, my ideas were embraced, we collectively collaborated. I felt inclined as a professional to embrace the ideas given to me because that’s all I was getting in NXT.

“If I had an idea and I had something I wanted to say or had an idea to contribute something, it was always met with enthusiasm or if they thought the idea was not great, they would make it better. I thought to myself, ‘I owe it to them to engage with this.'”

Kross & Scarlett Bordeaux was released by WWE during the November 4 round of cuts.

Quotes via Fightful

To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!

Comments

Share this article with friends

Trending