WWE star Kofi Kingston has discussed the positives of losing the WWE Championship to Brock Lesnar in a quick match.
In October 2019, Brock Lesnar ended Kingston’s 180-day WWE Championship reign with a sub-10 second match. Kingston has revealed that fan reactions to the result showed him how popular he truly was.
Speaking on the Battleground Podcast, Kingston noted that the match would’ve been quite different if he had creative control. Discussing his role in the company, Kingston said:
“It was just so quick. I don’t get paid by the hour, and It was a short amount of work for me. I didn’t really have a lot of bumps and bruises, just one, so that was cool. If it was up to me, I would have had the match go a little bit different than the way that it did, but that’s not up to me. The only thing I can really control is my performance and my ability to do what I’m asked to do to the best of my ability, and that’s what I’ve made a career of doing over the last decade plus. It kind of was what it was.
“I think the positive is that I realized how much people are behind me. Even still, people are mad about the way that the title reign ended, especially being that it came about so magically and organically, but it happened to be the direction that the company wanted it to go. What are you going to do? You go to your job and you either do it or you don’t. I don’t really have much of a choice, but I just try to focus on the future, and cement my legacy by the actions that I can control.”
Kingston unsuccessfully challenged Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship at Money in the Bank. On the July 19 episode of Raw, Goldberg made a surprise return, confronting Lashley.
It was previously reported that Goldberg will challenge Lashley for the WWE Title at SummerSlam on August 21. Ahead of The Biggest Party of the Summer, Goldberg will appear on several episodes of Raw.
Quote via WrestlingNews.co.
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?