An update has emerged on former WWE Champion Kofi Kingston, following his recent surgery.
Kingston suffered an ankle injury on the March 3 episode of SmackDown while performing a dive.
The popular name had surgery on his ankle on March 17, and shared a screenshot from a video call with Big E and Xavier Woods after the procedure.
Kingston has now shared a video of his stitches being removed, indicating that he’s one step closer to an eventual WWE return.
There is still no official timetable for Kingston’s return.
Previous reports indicated that Kingston would be on the shelf for roughly five weeks, but this timeframe could be longer after Kingston’s recent surgery.
There have been some rumors about his potential return at WrestleMania, at the SoFi Stadium this weekend on April 1 and 2.
For the latest update on Big E’s status, click here.
WWE has now confirmed the matches that will take place on nights one and two of WrestleMania, which you can read more about right here.
😵 🧵 STITCHES OUT MY BODY! 🪡 😵 pic.twitter.com/QnYcwkqgwC
— Kofi Kingston (@TrueKofi) March 30, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star