Former WCW star Konnan was a part of the 2023 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony over WrestleMania 39 weekend this year, when he inducted his long time friend Rey Mysterio into the Hall of Fame.
Mysterio was set to collide with his son Dominik Mysterio at WrestleMania, and had recently recruited the help of Legado Del Fantasma to help combat the Judgment Day.
The group would later be christened as the LWO, a callback to the stable Mysterio spent two months as a part of in WCW.
Konnan spoke about Rey reforming the group on his Keepin’ It 100 podcast, where he said that he thinks the group is good, but they could do with a few more members.
“Fantasma is going to be great. Zelina should be really good too. I think that’s a good little group right there. To me, they need a couple more members, but it’s a good place to start.”
Konnan then discussed the match between the two Mysterios, saying that he knew it was going to be incredible when he saw them go over it the day before the show, before confirming that he was there for the match preparation.
“It was great. When they went over it the day before, I was like, this is gonna be incredible, and it was.
“Yes. I was there. That’s all I can say.”
transcription via WrestlingNews.co
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Multiple Stars Left ‘Frustrated’ By Current WWE Merch
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023