DDT Pro-Wrestling star Konosuke Takeshita has confirmed that he will soon return to the US to wrestle for AEW.
Takeshita impressed many during his international excursion earlier this year, notably gaining popularity in AEW following impressive showings against the likes of Eddie Kingston and Claudio Castagnoli. He last wrestled in the US for the promotion in August, before returning to Japan.
During the summer, Takeshita revealed that he was hoping to be in a position to return to the US in October. The Japanese star confirmed that he will wrestle in the States next month during a press conference to promote his upcoming KO-D Openweight Championship match against Kazusada Higuchi.
Noting that the September 25 bout will likely be his final match in Japan before his US return, Takeshita said (via the DDT Pro-Wrestling English Twitter account):
“I feel like this might be the last match before I go back there in Oct. Feels like the start of a new era in DDT. But I think Higuchi v Takeshita will bring about a new era in JP Wrestling. I’ll bring this title back to AEW.”
Takeshita went on to note that if he wins his upcoming title bout, he’d be open to defending the gold in an AEW ring.
Following reports that WWE would be interested in hiring more international stars, Takeshita recently commented on a potential jump to WWE, which you can read more about right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return After Reported Concussion
- Absent WWE Star Has First Match In Several Months
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- WWE Star Reacts To Fan Jumping Barricade At Live Event