Former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Kota Ibushi has provided an update on his health, ahead of his return to the ring.
Following his NJPW contract expiring, Ibushi has been announced for GCW’s ‘Collective’ shows during WrestleMania week.
Ibushi hasn’t wrestled since suffering a separated shoulder during the the October 2021 G1 Climax finals against Kazuchika Okada.
Speaking with BBM Sports for Weekly Pro Wrestling, Ibushi noted that he now has no problem wrestling, noting that he feels he has recovered to 90% of where he was at before the injury:
“There is absolutely no problem in moving normally, I am passive in training, and there is no problem in rope work. I think I have recovered about 90%. I wonder if they are, and I have no problem with playing matches.”
it was recently reported that there is major interest from a lot of companies in booking Ibushi.
AEW President Tony Khan has confirmed that he’d love to work with the Japanese star.
Ibushi recently commented on a potential AEW run, which you can read about right here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Report: AEW Star Suffers Broken Leg After Crazy Ladder Spot
- Top WWE Star Nearing End Of Contract, Has Not Agreed To New Deal
- Bobby Lashley Issues Open Challenge For WrestleMania 39
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- What Dominik Mysterio Did During Rey Mysterio Hall Of Fame Speech
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed