WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle has revealed that he did not expect former AEW World Champion Chris Jericho to ever leave WWE.
Jericho left WWE in 2018, joining AEW the following year to become the promotion’s first ever world champion.
Speaking on his podcast The Kurt Angle Show, Angle said that the move surprised him as he expected Jericho to stay with WWE for the rest of his career:
“I thought Chris Jericho was gonna be a WWE lifer. I never thought he’d ever leave. He left before and I think he went to Japan, but never really signed with another company, at least not since he was in WCW.
“He was in WWE for the longest time and I never thought he’d leave and go to another company.
“Regardless, Chris Jericho is a huge star. He should always be in the main event, and he should be winning a lot of matches.
“It’s not like he’s past his prime. He’s still going as well as he ever has, and as long as he’s doing that you need to continue to push him.”
To stay up with all the very latest wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
For the latest on the WWE – Saudi Arabia potential sale, click here.
Transcription courtesy of Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring