WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle revealed a month ago that he had received offers from both AEW and IMPACT Wrestling following his WWE retirement in 2019.
Angle appeared on today’s episode of Wrestling Inc Daily, where he went into further details on the offers that he received from AEW.
Angle first revealed that he turned the offers down due to personal reasons, but had nothing but good things to say about Tony Khan. Angle said:
“Yes, they offered me a couple of different contracts. I turned it down for personal reasons, but Tony Khan’s been really nice to me, very generous, and I really appreciate his interest in having me there. But at this particular time, I can’t do it.”
Angle the elaborated, saying that the first offer AEW made was for him to be a full-time wrestler. He then says that he received two more contract offers, one for a part-time role, and one for a non-wrestling role. He said:
“The first offer, they wanted me to have many matches. The next offer, I think, was three matches, and then one was just an on-camera personality, no wrestling.”
Angle has recently gone on record to claim that current AEW star and IMPACT World Champion Christian Cage is ‘one of the most underrated wrestlers of all time’.
quote via WrestlingInc
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee
- Santos Escobar Banished From NXT After Losing To Tony D’Angelo