Kurt Angle made his triumphant return to WWE after WrestleMania 33 in 2017, and has had a bit of a mixed bag in terms of story lines.
He was the bumbling Raw general manager for over a year and although this role never really suited him, he made three very high profile in ring appearances.
The most famous of these came at WrestleMania 34, where he tagged with Ronda Rousey to face Triple H and Stephanie McMahon in many people’s match of the night.
Since then, he’s been emasculated by Stephanie McMahon, fired from hit role as general manager, and appeared in Random matches. There doesn’t really seem to be any kind of direct story for Angle, and could that be because the end is nigh?
Posting on Instagram, the Olympic Gold medallist captioned a photo which many have taken as a hint that he could soon retire.
View this post on Instagram
20 years ago, I stepped foot into a WWE ring. I told myself back then I would only go 5 years. But because of the #WWEUniverse, I continued to keep wrestling, although I left WWE for 11 of the 20 years. It feels great being able to end my career where I started. #itstrue #wwe #thankyouwweuniverse
Angle has been used as an in ring star recently, so could we soon be entering a storyline which culminates in a match for his career?
It would be a brilliant way of getting a young new heel over…perhaps someone who has just been called up like EC3?
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- Alexa Bliss Undergoes Skin Cancer Treatment
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- AEW Star Interested In Facing Goldberg In Retirement Match
- News On Which Night Some WrestleMania Matches Are Set For
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal