WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle rather infamously retired back at WrestleMania 35 in 2019, when he lost to Baron Corbin. Since then, Angle has made sporadic appearances on WWE TV, but never in a concrete role.
Angle was a recent guest on the Pancakes and Powerslams podcast, where he was asked what current WWE star he would manage if given the opportunity. Angle had a rather quick response, naming fellow Olympic Gold Medalist Gable Steveson.
“Oh, Gable Steveson! Olympic gold medalist! That would be an easy one!”
Angle continued on, saying that he believes Steveson has a big future ahead of him in WWE, especially if he can progress as a personality. Angle explained:
“I think Gable Steveson is going to be a big player in the game. I really think he is going to catch on, especially if he catches on from a… what would I call that? A charisma perspective, you know, a personality/character perspective. If he gets that, the sky is the limit with this guy.”
Angle also recently praised WWE Raw star Bobby Roode, saying he believes he will eventually become WWE Champion.
transcription via Sportskeeda
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan