WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle is now working as a full-time producer for the company, reports PWInsider.
The Olympic gold medalist had been shadowing other producers in recent months to learn the new role, and will work on the Raw brand.
He produced at this past Monday’s episode emanating from Madison Square Garden.
Kurt Angle had his “farewell match” at WrestleMania 35 this past April in a losing effort to everyone’s favorite wrestler in the whole wide world, Baron Corbin.
Corbin will face Chad Gable in the King of the Ring final, which will take place either at Clash of Champions or on next Monday’s Raw. It seems WWE hasn’t even decided that yet.
Angle actually tweeted out congratulating Gable on defeating Shane McMahon 2-0 in a 2/3 falls match on last night’s SmackDown to qualify for the final:
@WWEGable with the ankle lock. My boy is in the King of the Ring finals!!!! So proud of you my friend. You’re gonna win it all. #itstrue #Olympians #KOTR2019
— Kurt Angle (@RealKurtAngle) September 11, 2019
Gable was initially meant to face Elias but he had to pull out due to an ankle injury.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Revealed: Will Vince McMahon Be At WrestleMania 39
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Confirmation Of Big Change For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major Name To Return To WWE When Company Is Sold?
- Shock Return & Heel Turn On AEW Dynamite
- Tony Khan To Retire Championship Belt Design
- Tony Khan Admits He Considered Major AEW Character Change