WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle has revealed that he had received offers from AEW and IMPACT Wrestling to make an in-ring return.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), AEW contacted Angle about a deal to come in for a “run” following his retirement. Angle told Fightful that he didn’t consider the offer as he was too beat up physically, but was flattered.
The former WWE Champion also told Fightful that IMPACT Wrestling also presented Angle with a “one shot deal” following his WWE retirement.
Angle notably wrestled for TNA/IMPACT for 10 years, last competing for the promotion in 2016. The Hall of Famer admitted that he never seriously considered the offer, despite his soft spot for the company.
Angle retired from wrestling at WrestleMania 35 in 2019, following his match with Baron Corbin. The Olympic gold medallist has revealed that he would’ve loved to have faced Shane McMahon in his final match, if his body could handle the physicality.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- Roman Reigns’ WWE Schedule For Summer 2023 Revealed
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Current NXT Star To Join WWE Main Roster Faction Soon?
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child