One of the biggest wrestling mysteries in recent times is how the Kurt Angle/Jason Jordan storyline would have played out had Jordan not gotten injured.
Angle was a recent guest on Table Talk with D’Von and Mo where he discussed where the angle (the pun wasn’t intended but now I’ve re-read it, it would be rude not point out that it exists) probably would have gone.
“They had plans for me to wrestle Jason, but that would’ve been a one off. I don’t think I would’ve been wrestling constantly just because of that. I just think the WWE wanted to protect me, and I completely get it and I don’t blame them for it. I am just happy I came back and was able to retire where I started, that’s all I wanted to do.
“What I believe is that Jason was probably going to continue on being my son, he was going to start being a pain in the ass to me, I probably would’ve hired him on as my assistant GM, he would’ve started making decisions for me and it would’ve caused a lot of animosity and then him and I would’ve wrestled at WrestleMania instead of Baron Corbin. Obviously they picked Baron. No matter what you think about him, he’s a great in ring worker, his promo skills have gotten a lot better, he’s a big kid great athlete and what I believe, he replaced Jason.
“What you saw happen with him I think was supposed to be with Jason. It was a great opportunity for him, for Baron, and he took it and he ran with it.”
Jordan is still listed as an active roster member on WWE’s website despite being out with a neck injury since January 2018 and working as a producer since.
Angle had his farewell match at WrestleMania 35, losing to Baron Corbin, which wasn’t too popular a decision among fans.
Thanks to Wrestling Inc for the transcription
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?