Kurt Angle has recalled Hall of Famer Ric Flair telling him to sign with WWE (WWF) in 1996, noting that he was grateful for Flair’s input.
In 1998, Kurt Angle signed with WWE, after declining a huge offer from the company in 1996. Angle has revealed that in 1996, Ric Flair advised the Olympic gold medallist to take up pro-wrestling, and choose WWE over WCW.
Speaking on his Kurt Angle Show podcast (via AdFreeShows), Angle argued that WCW wouldn’t have utilized him as well as WWE did. Discussing Flair’s guidance to join WWE, Angle said:
“Oh God, Ric brings it up all the time (he laughs). He actually rubs it in my face, ‘Hey, I saved your career by going to WWF instead of WCW, but Ric was right. I think if I went to WCW, they probably wouldn’t have utilized me like WWE did.
“I’m very grateful for Ric’s advice. He directed me in the right direction. He’s a wrestler that’s not selfish. He’s very giving. He’s always been like that. Ric’s never been political. He’s really a good guy, and he’s going to give the right advice all the time.”
Angle retired from the ring in 2019 after his WrestleMania 35 match with Baron Corbin. Angle has revealed that he’s since received offers from both AEW and IMPACT to return to the ring.
During the Tokyo Olympic Games, a WWE prospect won gold in Olympic Freestyle Heavyweight Wrestling.
Quote via WrestlingNews.Co.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Spoilers On Popular Star’s ROH Debut
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Shows Off New Head Tattoo
- Real Reason WWE Planned Seth Rollins Vs. Bron Breakker
- WWE ‘Real, Real High’ On Recently Debuted Stars
- AEW Referee To Wrestle In Upcoming Match
- WWE Creative Decision Made Roman Reigns Say ‘I’ve Had Enough’
- Triple H Rejected Popular WWE Faction
- AEW Stars Set For Big Tag Team Run This Summer?
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Plan For Heel AEW Star To Become ‘One Of The Biggest Babyfaces’