Those of you hoping for a Kurt Angle WWE return will have to wait a while longer after the Hall of Famer revealed plans for a three week return programme heading into WrestleMania 38 were cancelled by WWE.
Speaking on his podcast, Angle said:
“I went to the Royal Rumble. The WWE wanted me to do a short program that they ended up canceling at the the very last moment, but we went to the Rumble, my wife and I. I also did some documentary interviews the day before, a photo op with the fans, but I want to make it clear I am in no way signed to WWE. They were going to sign me anyway. It was going to be a three-week program. It got canceled, but you know, my obligation is to do the show, the Kurt Angle Show, and that’s it.”
However, according to a new report from Ringside News – which has had several backstage reports recently confirmed by the likes of Fightful and Dave Meltzer – there were never any plans for Angle beyond filming bits for documentaries.
According to their source, there was an idea for Angle to come back, but the idea was never approved by anyone in WWE. The source said:
“The three week program he’s talking about was a pitch, but never anything Vince signed off on.”
So no more Kurt Angle for the time being, but don’t worry, if you want to see a bald man in his 50s wrestling, you can always watch Roman Reigns vs. Bill Goldberg at Elimination Chamber on February 19.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- Roxanne Perez Addresses NXT Absence
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- WWE Stars Say The New Day Ruined Their Lives & Maybe Kofi Kingston’s Injury Was Karma
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- First Look At WWE SummerSlam 2023 Logo
- New WWE Signing In-Ring Debut Announced
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match