It’s WrestleMania day and Kurt Angle faces Baron Corbin tonight in his final WWE match, and in an interview with Sky Sports, Angle has revealed what he’ll be doing after his in-ring career comes to an end.
The Olympic gold medalist revealed he’ll be staying in WWE in a backstage capacity, but may still show up on TV as a personality:
“Yeah I signed a contract to help the younger talent, behind the scenes. Not with NXT. I’ll be on the road with the guys that make it up here.
“That and probably be an on-camera talent like a manager or maybe General Manager again, I don’t know, but I’m sure they’ll want to utilize me a little bit on camera but other than that I’m gonna help the young guys out.”
If Kurt is to become a manager, that would certainly be interesting, but who would he manage? With storyline son Jason Jordan’s career seemingly over due to injury, who do you think could do with Kurt Angle in their corner?
It’s an obvious answer but I reckon Chad Gable would fit perfectly. I know, I’m so creative.
As mentioned, Angle faces Baron Corbin in his farewell match tonight at WrestleMania, and we’ll have live coverage of the show here on the website.
Thanks to Fightful for the transcription
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Big Update On FTR Future
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- AEW Star Teases WWE Return?
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Mercedes Mone Addresses Potential AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door II Appearance
- Mercedes Moné Hints At Potential Unfinished Business in WWE
- Cody Rhodes Reveals Special WrestleMania 39 T-Shirt
- Top WWE Star Hopes To Work With AEW Star On Screen