WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle has addressed rumors that he beat up Brock Lesnar in a legitimate fight.
Angle and Lesnar’s WWE rivalry is often recalled fondly by fans of the Ruthless Aggression era. The two athletes had a shoot grappling contest in the ring before a show in 2003, with various rumors emerging since on how the contest ended.
Speaking on the Two Man Power Trip podcast, Angle stated that the bout was closer than some rumors would have you believe, noting:
“I walked up behind Brock and tapped him on the shoulder. I said, ‘It’s time to go.’ We went and, you know what, the rumor is that I kicked his ass. Not true. It was a really close match. I took him down a couple of times. He didn’t take me down at all, but it was a pretty tight match. Who won? Kurt Angle!”
Prior to arriving in WWE, Kurt Angle had notably won an Olympic gold medal for freestyle wrestling in 1996. Lesnar had won NCAA Division 1 wrestling titles in 1999 and 2000, and went on to become UFC Heavyweight Champion in 2008, after his first WWE stint.
Angle retired from wrestling after WrestleMania 35 in 2019. He recently appeared in a video message on IMPACT Slammiversary, celebrating 20 years of IMPACT Wrestling.
Lesnar is set to challenge for Roman Reigns’ Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at SummerSlam on July 30.
Transcription via Sportskeeda Wrestling.
- Dexter Lumis Returns On WWE Raw
- Big Name Fired By WWE, Triple H Re-Signs Another Released Star, Logan Paul Backstage Heat – News Bulletin – August 9, 2022
- Several Johnny Gargano References Made On WWE Raw
- Fans Are Confused By Nikki A.S.H & Doudrop’s Car During WWE Raw Segment
- Karrion Kross’ Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Main Event Revealed
- Complete WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament Bracket
- Kevin Owens Brings Back His Vicious Side At The Expense Of Ezekiel
- Hilarious Video Of Tony Khan At Sammy Guevara & Tay Conti’s Wedding
- AEW Star Malakai Black Reveals He Recently Survived Career-Threatening Injury
- Triple H Looking To Re-Sign Dexter Lumis