NJPW has announced KUSHIDA’s ‘comeback’ match, following his shock return during Tuesday’s (June 21) New Japan Road show.
Following Taiji Ishimori’s IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title defence over Hiromu Takahashi, KUSHIDA made his entrance, confronting the champion, before stating that he wants to spend the rest of his wrestling career with NJPW.
NJPW has now confirmed that he will be in six-man tag action on the July 3 New Japan Road event. KUSHIDA will team with Hiroshi Tanahashi and Alex Zayne to face off against KENTA, Gedo and Taiji Ishimori of Bullet Club.
The bout will notably be KENTA’s return match too, following the former IWGP US Champion’s injury in his No DQ bout with Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom 16 in January.
On the July 4 show, KUSHIDA & Tanahashi will battle KENTA & Ishimori two-on-two.
Hiroshi Tanahashi notably faced KUSHIDA in the star’s last NJPW match in January 2019, ahead of KUSHIDA signing with WWE.
KUSHIDA last wrestled on NXT TV in March. The former six-time IWGP Jr Heavyweight Champion became a free agent in April, after his contract expired.
Over 20 performers have left WWE this year so far. You can check out the full list of WWE departures in 2022 right here.
- AEW Star Announces Real-Life Brother Joining The Company
- WWE Star Set For First Match In Nine Months
- Triple H Praises Top Star After WWE Elimination Chamber
- Seth Rollins Injury Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 40
- Potential WWE Signing Shares Emotional Goodbye After Farewell Match
- Drew McIntyre Vs. Seth Rollins Set For WrestleMania 40, More Matches Potentially Revealed
- Cody Rhodes Challenges The Rock To One-On-One WWE Match
- Seth Rollins Reacts To Becky Lynch Winning WWE Elimination Chamber Match
- CM Punk Sends Emotional Message To WWE Fans Ahead Of Elimination Chamber 2024
- Australian WWE Star Loses Championship Match At Elimination Chamber