NJPW has announced KUSHIDA’s ‘comeback’ match, following his shock return during Tuesday’s (June 21) New Japan Road show.
Following Taiji Ishimori’s IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title defence over Hiromu Takahashi, KUSHIDA made his entrance, confronting the champion, before stating that he wants to spend the rest of his wrestling career with NJPW.
NJPW has now confirmed that he will be in six-man tag action on the July 3 New Japan Road event. KUSHIDA will team with Hiroshi Tanahashi and Alex Zayne to face off against KENTA, Gedo and Taiji Ishimori of Bullet Club.
The bout will notably be KENTA’s return match too, following the former IWGP US Champion’s injury in his No DQ bout with Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom 16 in January.
On the July 4 show, KUSHIDA & Tanahashi will battle KENTA & Ishimori two-on-two.
Hiroshi Tanahashi notably faced KUSHIDA in the star’s last NJPW match in January 2019, ahead of KUSHIDA signing with WWE.
KUSHIDA last wrestled on NXT TV in March. The former six-time IWGP Jr Heavyweight Champion became a free agent in April, after his contract expired.
Over 20 performers have left WWE this year so far. You can check out the full list of WWE departures in 2022 right here.
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- Backstage Details On AEW Stars Appearing On Raw, Jon Moxley Injury Update, Vince McMahon Allegations – Audio News Bulletin – June 28, 2022
- Another AEW Star Clears Twitter Amid Contract Expiry Speculation
- Fans Speculate AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired Following Cryptic Tweet
- Kevin Owens Misses WWE Raw Due To ‘Minor Situation’
- John Cena Granted Make-A-Wish Foundation Wishes Before WWE Raw
- AEW Star Jake Atlas Domestic Violence Case Dropped
- Bianca Belair Reveals Scary Situation With A Fan From Recent WWE Show
- Luke Owen Reviews WWE Raw – June 27, 2022