KUSHIDA was officially announced as a WWE signee just before NXT TakeOver: New York, two days prior to WrestleMania 35.
However, the Japanese star has unfortunately not really done anything of note since he signed with the company.
Many feel that the former IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion’s fortunes could change once NXT moves to the USA Network in just under a week.
However, KUSHIDA might not be hanging around in NXT to see the black and gold brand to the USA Network.
PWInsider is reporting that both KUSHIDA and Jordan Myles are in New York today ahead of WWE’s tapings of Smackdown and 205 Live at Madison Square Garden.
Tonight on 205 Live, Jack Gallagher must find a tag team partner to take on Brian Kendrick and Akira Tozawa.
The challenge has been MADE! @mrbriankendrick & @TozawaAkira vs. @GentlemanJackG & a partner of his choosing NEXT WEEK!
What do you say, Jack? #205Live pic.twitter.com/su2in7lBOK
— WWE Network (@WWENetwork) September 4, 2019
With 205 Live calling upon the services of NXT’s Isiah Scott and Angel Garza in recent weeks, perhaps Gallagher will be bringing either KUSHIDA or Myles to WWE’s purple brand.
Stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for the latest on the matter.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Revealed: Will Vince McMahon Be At WrestleMania 39
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Confirmation Of Big Change For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major Name To Return To WWE When Company Is Sold?
- Shock Return & Heel Turn On AEW Dynamite
- Tony Khan To Retire Championship Belt Design
- Tony Khan Admits He Considered Major AEW Character Change