Since WWE returned to live crowds, they have been using NXT stars in pre-show dark matches prior to Raw and SmackDown, to serve as main roster ‘tryouts’.
Last week, Tommaso Ciampa and Pete Dunne were the two NXT names to duke it out prior to SmackDown, and now two more have followed in their footsteps.
It was reported earlier today that both Roderick Strong and LA Knight were backstage at tonight’s SmackDown taping, with LA Knight being slated to wrestle.
Well, the two men went one-on-one in a dark match, with LA Knight scoring the victory.
Roderick Strong vs LA Knight as the opener #SmackDown pic.twitter.com/WjWgb5Qf6D
— Connor Casey (@ConnorCaseyCB) January 22, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite