WWE NXT commentator Booker T recently discussed the rise of LA Knight and in particular his arsenal of catchphrases that have proven incredibly popular with fans – but there is one in particular that Booker feels may be set to stay in the company for years to come.
Speaking on his Hall of Fame podcast, the six-time world champion said he feels Knight’s ‘Yeah’ catchphrase will follow the likes of Stone Cold Steve Austin’s ‘What?’ and Daniel Bryan’s ‘Yes’ to become a staple in WWE for years to come.
Booker explained why he feels the ‘Yeah’ catchphrase and in-turn Knight are so hot right now, saying :
“I think it’s making its way there. I think the only difference between LA Knight, ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin, and Booker T is the time he’s been out there.
“He just hasn’t had enough time yet. But this is going to be his era. This is what people are going to be remembering (going forward).”
“It just took him some time to get it (the ‘Yeah’ catchphrase) over. That’s all.
“People gravitated to LA Knight because he’s a cool dude. The guys want to be like him, and the women, the women, they’re signing up.”
Knight has had a very busy past seven days, competing in and winning the SummerSlam Battle Royal, appearing in a captivating promo segment with The Miz on Raw, and even throwing a pitch at a New York Mets game on the same day.
This follows news of Knight also becoming WWE’s highest merchandise seller of July, with the Megastar’s aforementioned special appearance on Raw proving to also be a major ratings draw for the company.
To read more on this and Knight’s incredible ascent follow this link here.
Transcript courtesy of WrestlingINC
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Fans Think They Spotted A CM Punk Tease During WWE Raw
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- Update On Another Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- WWE Removes Edge (AEW’s Adam Copeland) From Another Big Spot