An update has emerged on Lacey Evans’ status following WWE stating that she isn’t cleared to compete.
Evans was originally slated to face Aliyah on the July 29 edition of SmackDown, however Aliyah ultimately took on Shotzi on the show, with Michael Cole on commentary noting that Evans wasn’t medically cleared to wrestle.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), there are no immediate creative plans for Evans. The star also was not discussed at any point for the gauntlet bout that took place on the August 5 episode.
The report noted that her return to TV earlier this year had been described as ‘chaotic and directionless’, despite it being believed that Evans was a personal favorite of Vince McMahon, who worked directly with Evans when she moved to Raw.
Vince McMahon notably announced his retirement on July 22, and Triple H has been running WWE creative since.
Evans last wrestled during the July 17 Sunday Stunner live event, with her most recent televised bout being the women’s Money in the Bank match on July 2.
We will continue to provide updates on Evans’ status as they become available.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE Raw Star Moved Back To NXT, Reforms Tag Team
- Update On Whether Jungle Boy Has Officially Undergone Name Change
- The Incredible Story Of Deaf WWE NXT Wrestler Myles Borne
- Thunder Rosa Comments On Saraya’s AEW Debut
- Buddy Matthews ‘May Be Done’ With AEW
- The Hilarious Reason Teddy Long Is Trending On Twitter
- WWE Raw Star Explains What Triple H Tells WWE Stars Before They Go Out
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit
- WWE Hall Of Famer Recalls Batista Being Difficult To Work With
- Brock Lesnar Has Shaved Off His Beard (Photo)