An AEW star says he’s been dealing with torn triceps, but now he is back.
At NJPW Dominion, Will Ospreay defeated Lance Archer to become the number one contender for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship and earn a match against Kenny Omega.
This marked Archer’s first bout since April and only his tenth overall match in 2023. Some fans have been questioning why the former IWGP U.S. Champion has been wrestling infrequently.
Speaking in a backstage interview following NJPW Dominion, Lance Archer commented on his loss. Revealing that he has been dealing with a torn triceps throughout this year, Archer said:
“2023 hasn’t been the best year for me. The amount of disrespect that I feel all over the world right now, it pisses me off. Nearly 23 years in this business. One of the best, if not the best, big man to step in the f**king ring.”
“AEW, this message is for you. New Japan Pro-Wrestling, this message is for you. Every f**king mark around the world, this message is for you. There’s a reason I haven’t been wrestling a lot, and it has nothing to do with bad booking, you dumb s**ts.”
“What everybody doesn’t even realize that I’ve been battling a torn tricep and I’ve kept getting it quiet.”
“I didn’t tell everybody because I don’t need your sympathy, I don’t need your get well wishes. I don’t need anything. I just needed time, and now I’m back.”
With his victory at Dominion, Will Ospreay will now move on to face Kenny Omega for the IWGP United States Championship at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door on June 25.
As previously reported, Ospreay went on a tirade against Canada and other legends from the country during a backstage interview.
Transcription via Fightful
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?