An AEW star has warned Tony Khan that “he can’t protect Kenny Omega any longer.”
At NJPW Collision In Philadelphia, the tournament to determine the number one contender for Kenny Omega’s IWGP United States Championship kicked off.
As previously reported, Juice Robinson was suspended following his vicious attack on Fred Rosser at NJPW Capital Collision and was replaced by Rosser in the tournament.
The scheduled match between Rosser and Lance Archer was changed to a Philadelphia Street Fight before the start. At the end of the brutal match, Robinson showed up and once again attacked Fred Rosser. After nailing Rosser with a handful of quarters, Archer delivered a lariat to get the win.
Following the match, Archer called out AEW President Tony Khan and warned him that he cannot protect Kenny Omega any longer, saying that “The Murderhawk Monster” was coming for him.
Archer also called out both Will Ospreay and Hiroshi Tanahashi who will face each other in the other first round match on May 21 at NJPW Resurgence.
The winner of that match will face Lance Archer in June at NJPW Dominion with the victor facing Omega for the IWGP United States Championship presumably at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2 later that month.
NJPW also announced a major event that will be coming to Philadelphia later this year, which you can read here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon