During Wrestling Observer Live, former Intercontinental Champion Lance Storm noted that WWE should have the roster rotate throughout the year instead of having everyone on TV at all times:
Lance Storm had the following to say after bringing up his idea, using the Roman Reigns and Kevin Owens feud as an example:
“I think it would be phenomenal if they only used people 9 months out of the year so they got a few months off. That way when you use someone, and I think the really key point is that if makes wins and losses matter more. That you build Kevin Owens up for 6 months and he had the big feud with Roman Reigns and Roman won, that’s when I would have Kevin Owens disappear for a couple of months because you don’t want that if he loses then Kevin Owens has to go down and he loses his star power, so you could have him disappear and then he comes back and it’s fresh and exciting and everybody pops like ‘oh man Kevin Owens is back!’
“I think rotating guys in and out would be better, because that to me again was the highlight of whether it be the Monday Night Wars, or even eariler than that; because when Flair came to WWF it was a big deal with that run, but when his run was over as Champ they were going to move him down the card, so he just went back to WCW.”
This is an interesting idea, and Lance Storm certainly isn’t the first person to suggest an off-season of sorts to help with talent’s mental and physical health, but it seems unlikely that WWE would even implement this.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
Thanks to Ringside News for the transcription.
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- Sammy Guevara Shares Touching Post Ahead Of AEW Double Or Nothing Main Event