We are saddened to learn that former WWE star ‘The Genius’ Lanny Poffo has passed away aged 68.
The news was broken by Hacksaw Jim Duggan, who took to Twitter to say:
With a very, very heavy heart, I’ve been asked to let everyone know about the passing of our friend and colleague Lanny Poffo, The Genius.
Poffo was the real-life younger brother of WWE icon ‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage, going on to induct him into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2015.
Poffo himself wrestled for WWE for seven years between 1985 and 1992, taking on many of the eras top stars including Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior.
We send our condolences to the friends, family and fans of Lanny Poffo.
With a very, very heavy heart, I've been asked to let everyone know about the passing of our friend and colleague Lanny Poffo, The Genius.
RIP Lanny pic.twitter.com/4ve4J2HSHT
— Hacksaw Jim Duggan (@RealHacksawJim) February 2, 2023
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed