One day after Dynamite Kid passed away on his 60th birthday comes another sad day for wrestling fans with the news that Larry ‘The Axe’ Hennig has passed away aged 82.
The former AWA Tag Team Champion was the grandfather of current WWE star Curtis Axel and father to the late, great Curt ‘Mr. Perfect’ Hennig.
The Axe made his debut way back in 1956, enjoying a near 30-year career, much of which was spent working for his trainer Verne Gagne’s AWA promotion in Minnesota.
He retired in 1985 and moved into the real estate business, which he was also involved in since 1957.
Hennig is a multiple-time Hall of Famer with several establishments around the world recognising his vast contributions to the business.
WrestleTalk would like to offer its condolences to Hennig’s family and friends at this upsetting time.
- Former WWE Star Banned From Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- WWE Sets Up Jey Uso Vs. Jimmy Uso For WrestleMania 40
- Former WWE Star Alleges Incident ‘Worse’ Than Recent Vince McMahon Lawsuit
- Cody Rhodes Breaks Silence After Bloodline Attack On WWE Raw
- Jade Cargill Pulled From Big WWE Match
- Two NXT Stars Spotted At WWE Raw
- ‘Massive Issue’ Caused By New Policy For Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone AEW Debut Show
- WWE Name Change For Former AEW Star
- Untelevised Footage Of CM Punk Comments After WWE Raw Went Off Air
- WWE Star Returns After Three Month Absence