A late change was made to the October 22 AEW Rampage main event of Andrade El Idolo vs PAC, as per a recent report.
In the final match of the show, PAC defeated Andrade in the anticipated rematch. After the final bell, Malakai Black appeared in the ring and joined Andrade in attacking Pac in a two-on-one beatdown. Cody Rhodes and Arn Anderson made the save before Black retreated.
As per Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio, the run-ins were a late decision, added to ‘set up a program’. Rhodes is set to face Malakai Black on AEW Dynamite tonight, in their third AEW singles encounter.
Following the show, Andrade took to Twitter to tweet:
While this could be related to the AEW Rampage segment featuring WWE alumni, it has also been speculated that El Idolo’s tweet was in relation to his fiancée Charlotte Flair’s altercation with Becky Lynch backstage.
More details on the confrontation, including Vince McMahon’s reaction, have emerged since the incident.
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee
- Santos Escobar Banished From NXT After Losing To Tony D’Angelo