WWE reportedly made a number of changes to the running order and line-ups for the December 17 and December 24 editions of SmackDown.
In the main-event segment of Friday’s episode, Roman Reigns fired Paul Heyman from his Special Counsel position, before brawling with Brock Lesnar. The show went off the air after Lesnar hit the Universal Champion with an F5.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), as of Friday afternoon, a Roman Reigns in-ring promo was set to open the show. A sit-down interview segment with Brock Lesnar was also internally listed for this week’s episode, which ultimately didn’t take place
The New Day vs The Usos bout was originally scheduled for the main event of the show, according to the report.
Also on this week’s show, Sasha Banks & Toni Storm defeated Shotzi & Charlotte Flair, with Storm pinning the SmackDown Women’s Champion. This bout was reportedly slated to main event the Christmas Eve edition of SmackDown.
Following this week’s live episode, WWE taped matches for next week’s December 24 show. You can view spoilers from the taping at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Gameplay Clips Show Off Fun Features