Following reports that Adam Cole’s WWE contract expires this month, an update has emerged surrounding the NXT star’s contract status.
It was previously reported that Adam Cole agreed to a contract extension long enough for him to compete at NXT TakeOver 36.
According to Fightful Select (subscription required), Cole hasn’t formally received a long-term offer from WWE. The report stated that a contract offer for Cole is “obviously planned” by a “person of influence” within WWE.
It was also reported that most individuals involved, including Cole, hoped that the situation would be kept quiet and close to the vest.
It was noted that a number of other individuals, upon finding out about Cole’s contract, wanted the potential expiry of the deal to be publicized, citing the “competitive nature” of the industry.
As reported earlier, Cole agreeing to the extension “managed to kill” the non-compete clause he had on his original contract, meaning he will reportedly be free to work elsewhere as soon as his current deal expires.
We’ll continue to keep you updated with any more news that comes to light regarding Adam Cole’s situation.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned