The last match set for Bloodsport 6 has been revealed, and it might’ve just killed a huge WWE signing rumor.
It is being reported that Davey Boy Smith Jr (David Hart Smith) is WWE-bound. His absence from the Bloodsport 6 card on April 8 sparked speculation that Smith had already signed with WWE.
It has now been announced that Smith will battle KTB at Bloodsport 6. Josh Barnett made the last-minute match announcement, tweeting:
Last match of the card announcement and it's just two beasts looking to smash into each other.
D.B. Smith Jr. vs KTB
Josh Barnett's: Bloodsport
— ??? ????????? (@JoshLBarnett) April 2, 2021
Unless Smith received special permission to work a non-WWE show during WrestleMania week, it doesn’t look like Smith is currently signed to WWE.
He will appear on WWE programming in the coming week however, representing his father, British Bulldog, during his Hall of Fame induction. The WWE Hall of Fame 2021 ceremony airs on April 6 on Peacock and the WWE Network.
Bloodsport matches are unique. Contested in a ropeless ring, these MMA-style matches can only be won by KO or submission. Bloodsport 6 will be headlined by Josh Barnett vs Jon Moxley.
- Scrapped World Heavyweight Championship Match For Elimination Chamber 2024 Revealed
- WWE Star Set For Big Push Heading Into WrestleMania 40
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- Jack Perry ‘Scapegoat’ Video Airs Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Wants Rubber Match Against Major Free Agent
- AEW Star Pulled From Collision Due To Illness, Replacement Announced
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match
- Former AEW Star Set To Return For February 24 Collision