Here is the latest on former UFC and WWE star Cain Velasquez, following his arrest in late February.
TMZ Sports previously reported that Velasquez was hit with 10 total charges including 1st degree attempted murder, multiple counts of assault with a deadly weapon, and shooting an occupied motor vehicle, among others, after firing shots at Harry Goularte, who Velasquez accused of sexually molesting a relative.
Velasquez is currently in custody after being denied bail for a second time in May.
Per MMAFighting.com, Velasquez’ plea hearing date has been pushed back to August 19, with motion hearings to take place two weeks earlier on August 5.
TMZ now reports that a civil lawsuit has been filed at Santa Clara County court against Harry Goularte, with the plaintiff identified only as the guardian of ‘C.V., Jr’. The lawsuit alleges that Goularte “sexually abused, molested, touched and harassed C.V.” on numerous occasions.
Per MMA Junkie, Goularte is currently out on bail, facing one felony charge of lewd acts with a minor child. He pleaded not guilty on June 6 at a hearing in Morgan Hill, and is due back in court on September 20.
Court documents reportedly show that the civil lawsuit proceedings are scheduled to begin with a case management conference in September.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- More Released WWE Stars Returning On SmackDown, New WWE Couple Dating, Bray Wyatt Return Plans – News Bulletin – August 12, 2022
- Kayla Braxton Transitioning To WWE Commentator Role?
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Another Big Sign NXT’s Santos Escobar Is Heading To Main Roster
- Update On Major AEW Stars’ Contract Lengths
- Another WWE Star Expected To Get Old Name Back
- Match Results From WWE WrestleMania 39 Launch Party
- Road Dogg Had ‘Serious Arguments’ With Vince McMahon About AJ Styles