Here’s the latest on Kenny Omega’s AEW status, following his backstage return.
As previously reported by PWInsider, Omega is back working behind the scenes, and has been producing matches for the women’s division since returning.
This led to speculation that Omega is close to being cleared for an in-ring return.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there ‘isn’t even close to a date set’ for Omega’s return to the ring.
There had been speculation that Omega will soon wrestle AAA Mega Champion Hijo Del Vikingo, following a recent tease that the AAA star will soon show up in AEW.
While there have been no official indications that this is the case, fans have theorised that Omega, who had to relinquish the Mega Title due to injury, will face Vikingo at the third TripleMania XXX event in October.
Stay up to date with every injured AEW star, and their expected return dates, at this link.
- AEW X NJPW Live Results Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Report: Several ‘Under The Radar’ AEW Agreements Have Expired
- Huge Spoiler On Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed
- Here’s How Long Tonight’s Forbidden Door Show Will Likely Be