A new update on the MJF (Maxwell Jacob Friedman) and AEW situation has been revealed.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), one talent indicated that Tony Khan is obviously willing to pay MJF comparable to other top stars in All Elite Wrestling.
Those backstage in AEW believe the 26 year old has outperformed his contract, but there are also those who believe it sets a bad precedent for the company to rework his deal.
There have been deals reworked in the promotion, but those come with added time to the contract.
Fightful also confirmed that MJF isn’t trying to gain more money without an extension because “contract don’t work like that”.
As previously mentioned, those in the locker room were not on the side of the AEW star if he was looking to make money without a contract extension.
We will have further updates on this MJF-AEW situation when they become available.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE Star To Make In-Ring Debut Soon