Here is the latest on the relationship between WWE and PROGRESS Wrestling, following AEW’s Anthony Ogogo appearing for the UK promotion.
On Sunday (January 23), PROGRESS held its first show under new ownership. During PROGRESS Chapter 127: ‘And the word was PROGRESS’, Anthony Ogogo made a shock appearance, defeating Hari Singh in singles action.
Following the AEW star’s appearance, as well as the promotion’s change in ownership, some fans speculated that WWE and PROGRESS will not be working together moving forward. Cultaholic has now confirmed that there has been no change to PROGRESS’ working relationship with WWE.
WWE and PROGRESS have had a partnership for a number of years now, with the UK indie promotion notably hosting qualifying matches for the 2016 Cruiserweight Classic. The WWE Network (and Peacock) currently features a number of PROGRESS events, due to this working relationship.
Prior to the event, PROGRESS Commentator Hustle Malone took to Twitter to confirm that the show will be added to the WWE Network.
— Hustle Malone (@MaloneHustle) January 23, 2022
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?