An update has emerged on WWE interest in Komander, the high-flying luchador who recently made his debut for AEW.
Komander’s first in-ring outing for AEW took place on the March 1 edition of Dynamite, with the Mexican star impressing fans with his performance in the Face of the Revolution ladder match.
Shortly after this bout, Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer reported that Komander was on WWE’s radar.
Per an update in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE reached out to Komander after his AEW debut was announced.
Dave Meltzer wrote:
“WWE definitely contacted Komander right after he was announced for the ladder match (he was contacted before the match) although WWE did not give him a contract at that time.
“It was more that they wanted him to come in so they could see him.
“That follows Dragon Lee and Bandido as people AEW put on television and suddenly WWE wanted, and right now each side has one person from that best of three.”
Komander recently commented on interest in him shown by WWE and AEW, which you can read more about right here.
Komander is reportedly under contract with KAOZ promotion and it is unclear how this would impact his ability to sign elsewhere.
We will have further updates and news on Komander’s status when they become available.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed