WWE held it’s most recent trip to Saudi Arabia two weeks ago, when Night of Champions took place in Jeddah.
The event was originally slated to be named ‘King & Queen of the Ring’, with the tournament finals taking place at the event, but the show was renamed due to it hosting the crowning of the new World Heavyweight Champion.
With the King & Queen of the Ring event scrapped, many have wondered if the tournaments are still planned to take place, but at a later date.
In an update from Fightful Select (subscription required), those in the know in the company said that they hadn’t heard of the tournament being rescheduled as of yet.
They did note that King and Queen of the Ring was mentioned as something WWE has in their back pocket for a future show in Saudi Arabia.
The last King of the Ring tournament was held in 2021, with Xavier Woods scoring the win over Finn Balor in the finals.
That year also saw the first Queen’s Crown Tournament, with Zelina Vega defeating Doudrop in the final.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- Released WWE Stars Reveal Backstage Details About Vince McMahon
- VIDEO: ROH Champion Holds Hilarious Training Session
- Claudio Castagnoli Comments On Bryan Danielson’s Potential ‘Retirement’ Plans
- Legendary Wrestler Calls Will Ospreay ‘The Perfection Of Modern Wrestling’