Here’s the latest on the lawsuits between Vince McMahon and former XFL Commissioner Oliver Luck.
It had previously been noted that the two sides were to have a settlement conference this week, to hopefully put an end to the back-and-forth lawsuits.
Per PWInsider, court records indicate that representatives of McMahon and Luck met for over five hours yesterday (March 16). Despite this, there is no sign that a settlement has been reached.
Luck filed a lawsuit against McMahon, Alpha Entertainment LLC and World Wrestling Entertainment in April 2020 for wrongful termination, claiming to be owed $23.8 million, as his contract was for a $5 million annual salary, and yearly $2 million bonus through 2023, as well as other damages and attorney fees.
Vince McMahon filed a countersuit alleging that Luck defied McMahon’s orders on signing players. McMahon later alleged that Luck repeatedly shared confidential XFL information with NFL agent William Wilson (Luck’s brother-in-law).
Luck’s lawsuit against McMahon is set to go to trial on July 11, 2022.
The XFL filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in April. The company was then purchased for $15 million in August 2o21 by Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, Dani Garcia and RedBird Capital Partners.
We will continue to provide updates on the lawsuits as they become available.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans