There has been more legal action in the form of another lawsuit filed related to Vince McMahon returning to WWE.
Previously, there were three known lawsuits filed against McMahon himself, which actually ended up resulting in a bit of an investor dispute, which you can read about at this link.
There’s now a fourth, but the key difference here is the suit has been filed against WWE rather than just McMahon as an individual.
As reported by Bloomberg, WWE investor Dennis Palkon is hoping to “bar” McMahon from the Board of Directors.
The suit, which was filed on January 26, “seeks internal files from WWE to investigate claims that McMahon ‘raped and sexually assaulted employees and contractors over the course of decades’, then paid nearly $15 million to keep a lid on the accusations”.
It was added in the suit that there are “serious questions about how Vince McMahon obtained and delivered those funds to his victims”.
Referring to McMahon’s return to the company’s Board of Directors as executive chairman, the suit states the move showed “a flagrant disregard for basic corporate governance norms”.
It was also mentioned that McMahon brought back “two of his longtime cronies” (Michelle Wilson and George Barrios), adding: “The apparent misconduct here is both myriad and extremely serious”.
This lawsuit is the first that is seeking company documents (the “internal files” mentioned earlier), and if the disclosure of those documents does result in fiduciary breach claims, ‘plaintiff intends to achieve what the board wanted to, but could not in light of Vince McMahon’s thuggery’, by initiating proceedings ‘to bar Vince McMahon from ever serving on the WWE board again’, according to the suit.
We’ll continue to keep you updated, stay tuned for all news on Vince McMahon at this link.
You can read the full Bloombegr article referenced above here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Scrapped John Cena WrestleMania 39 Matches Revealed