AEW star Lee Moriarty has named several backstage producers and in-ring talents that have helped him so far in his AEW tenure.
Speaking with Mike Johnson of PWInsider, Moriarty noted that there are plenty of experienced names backstage in AEW who he goes to for advice.
Enjoying Sonjay Dutt, Dean Malenko, Jerry Lynn and QT Marshall’s varied perspectives, Moriarty also stated that he’ll often go to Eddie Kingston and Ricky Starks for pointers.
Discussing his jump from the independent scene to national TV, Moriarty said:
“So the good thing about All Elite Wrestling or the very cool thing about it is how many different perspectives there are to learn from and not just the agents but the other talent there. But the agents I’ve been able to work with so many in the few matches that I had. And two I’ve worked with multiple times have been Sonjay Dutt and Dean Malenko. And it’s very interesting to see how differently they coach their match or Jerry Lynn or QT Marshall. It’s a lot of fun.
“Then I’ll get advice from guys like Eddie Kingston backstage. I’ve talked to (Ricky) Starks a bit about learning, how to be a professional wrestler on a national television stage compared to an independent stage. There’s all these little things that I’m still learning and I’m still growing with. It’s like you said earlier, I’m growing on a national stage, in a sink or swim environment but so far I’ve been swimming because I’ve had to help with the coaches and the other talent in the locker room.”
On Wednesday’s (December 1) edition of Dynamite, Moriarty went one-on-one with CM Punk.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?