An update has emerged on the upcoming WWE main roster debuts of NXT’s Legado Del Fantasma faction.
Since August, former NXT Cruiserweight Champion Santos Escobar has been teasing his main roster debut. On the August 24 edition of NXT, Escobar drove away with Joaquin Wilde, Cruz Del Toro and Elektra Lopez, prompting speculation about their WWE statuses.
Per PWInsider, the current plan is for Santos Escobar, Joaquin Wilde, Electra Lopez and Raul Mendoza (Cruz Del Toro) to join the SmackDown brand. The report noted that the group may appear for the Blue Brand as soon as this Friday’s (October 7) edition of SmackDown, which is being marketed as the show’s season premiere.
Santos Escobar hasn’t wrestled since losing to Tony D’Angelo at NXT Heatwave. Per the stipulation, Escobar was forced to leave the developmental brand. Wilde and Del Toro were last in action on the August 24 episode, losing to Jagger Reid & Rip Fowler.
On the ‘season premiere’ of SmackDown, Sheamus will challenge for GUNTHER’s Intercontinental Championship. The duo will also go head-to-head the next night at Extreme Rules when the Brawling Brutes battle Imperium in a good old fashioned Donnybrook match.
Check out the announced card for the October 8 premium live event right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Star Makes AEW Debut
- John Cena WWE Return Date Officially Revealed
- WWE Star Addresses Potential CM Punk Return
- Update On Possible Sasha Banks NJPW Debut Match
- WWE Discussing Roman Reigns Working Both Nights WrestleMania 39, Potential Opponents Revealed
- Scrapped MJF Babyface AEW Plans Revealed
- Report: Absent AEW Star Rejected Creative Plans For Return
- Kenny Omega Reacts To WWE Star’s Latest Shot At Him
- New WWE Signings Potentially Revealed, Plans For Reality Show
- WBD ‘Thrilled’ With AEW Dynamite Viewership