Despite speculation linking him with a move to WWE, ‘The Machine’ Brian Cage is set to remain as a part of All Elite Wrestling.
Cage’s prior AEW deal reportedly expired in early March, with him agreeing a short extension to see him through to the ROH Supercard of Honor show on March 31 where he and the Gates of Agony defended their ROH Trios Championship against AR Fox, Blake Christian and Metalik.
While many expected them to drop the titles due to Cage’s uncertain contract situation, they would retain, leading many to believe a new deal had been agreed.
While he was said to be working without a contract following Supercard of Honor, Fightful Select reported that a new multi-year deal had been agreed earlier this week.
And now courtesy of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter we know the exact amount of years Cage has signed on for courtesy of Dave Meltzer.
“As expected by recent results, Brian Cage has signed a new five-year deal here (AEW)”.
Cage has recently become affiliated with Swerve Strickland on AEW TV as part of a merger between the Mogul Affiliates and the Embassy to create the Mogul Embassy.
With Cage’s AEW future decided, yet another potential name has remained in the company rather than moving to WWE, you can read more about WWE’s potential ongoing ‘hiring freeze’ here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence
- Top WWE Star ‘Demanded’ Current Run
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- WWE Star Teases ‘Big News’ For Next Week
- Another New Theme For WWE Tag Team
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- WWE Star Gets Married (Photo)
- Seth Rollins Schedule Update After WWE World Heavyweight Title Win