AEW’s Leyla Hirsch has issued a statement on the situation between Russia and Ukraine.
The Russian-born star has been featured prominently on AEW TV in recent weeks, notably defeating Kris Statlander during last weekend’s Revolution Buy-In, and facing Thunder Rosa in a AEW Women’s Championship #1 contender match on Dynamite.
Hirsch has taken to social media with a statement, stating that she stands with Ukraine. Hirsch wrote:
“I want to make something very clear. I stand with Ukraine one hundred percent and my heart breaks for its citizens who are suffering at the hands of Vladimir Putin. I was born in Russia. I came to the US at eight years of age and became an American citizen.
“I cannot change my heritage any more than any other citizen can change theirs. The mere fact that I was born in Russia does not mean that I support this brutal dictator. Everyone who would even suggest such a thing is simply wrong, plain and simple.”
Thunder Rosa ultimately defeated Hirsch, and will face Britt Baker in a steel cage match for the AEW Women’s Title at St Patrick’s Day Slam.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
My statement regarding the situation involving Russia and Ukraine. pic.twitter.com/1d60x7UfmF
— Legit Leyla Hirsch (@LegitLeyla) March 10, 2022
- ‘A Lot Of Concern’ Over Randy Orton Injury
- Report: Bandido Offered AEW Contract Following September 28 Dynamite
- Several WWE Stars Missing SmackDown Due To Hurricane Ian
- AEW Facing ‘Brutal’ Live Show Ticket Sales
- Antonio Inoki Passes Away Aged 79
- Brock Lesnar WWE Return Date Revealed?
- Young Bucks & Kenny Omega ‘Haven’t Heard Anything’ About AEW Return
- VICE TV Vince McMahon Documentary To Cover WWE Departure
- Rush Officially Signs With AEW
- Here’s Everyone Chris Jericho Could Face For The ROH Title