AEW’s Leyla Hirsch has issued a statement on the situation between Russia and Ukraine.
The Russian-born star has been featured prominently on AEW TV in recent weeks, notably defeating Kris Statlander during last weekend’s Revolution Buy-In, and facing Thunder Rosa in a AEW Women’s Championship #1 contender match on Dynamite.
Hirsch has taken to social media with a statement, stating that she stands with Ukraine. Hirsch wrote:
“I want to make something very clear. I stand with Ukraine one hundred percent and my heart breaks for its citizens who are suffering at the hands of Vladimir Putin. I was born in Russia. I came to the US at eight years of age and became an American citizen.
“I cannot change my heritage any more than any other citizen can change theirs. The mere fact that I was born in Russia does not mean that I support this brutal dictator. Everyone who would even suggest such a thing is simply wrong, plain and simple.”
Thunder Rosa ultimately defeated Hirsch, and will face Britt Baker in a steel cage match for the AEW Women’s Title at St Patrick’s Day Slam.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
My statement regarding the situation involving Russia and Ukraine. pic.twitter.com/1d60x7UfmF
— Legit Leyla Hirsch (@LegitLeyla) March 10, 2022
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- WWE Star Teases Alliance With Bobby Lashley After SmackDown
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Will Ospreay Next AEW Feud Revealed?
- AEW’s Saraya Says Ring Gear Collection Has Gone Missing