WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle has said that he thinks WWE felt he was a liability during his final in-ring run with the company.
In April 2017, Angle was appointed the Raw General Manager. He returned to the ring at that year’s TLC pay-per-view for his first WWE match in 11 years.
Angle wrestled 19 total matches between October 2017, and his in-ring retirement following WrestleMania 35 in 2019. Speaking on Talk is Jericho, Angle admitted that he wanted to win a championship during his final WWE run.
Believing the company wanted to protect him with his history with injuries, Angle said:
“I was hoping to have a title reign, but I think the company felt I was a liability. The pain killer thing, the injuries I was having, my broken necks. I broke my neck four times in WWE. So, I don’t think Vince had plans for me wrestling too much. I think he was more protecting me than allowing me to go ahead and wrestle. I understood that but I didn’t necessarily agree with it.”
Earlier this year, Angle revealed that he had received offers from AEW and IMPACT to come out of retirement, but didn’t seriously consider the offers as he was too beat up physically.
More recently, Angle has stated that he was to return to WWE as a manager, he’d be interested in managing Gable Steveson.
Quote via WrestlingInc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?
- WWE Faction To Add New Members Soon?