Santana and Ortiz, collectively referred to as LAX, are former Impact Tag Team Champions. The talented tandem are reportedly due to leave Impact Wrestling next month when their current deals expire.
Impact have reportedly tried to reach a deal with LAX to continue their stay with the promotion, but it is believed that these talks have not been successful.
Ortiz and Santana will likely not be without a home for too long, as both WWE and All Elite Wrestling are reportedly interested in securing the services of the pair.
With regards to where they will likely end up, Dave Meltzer notes in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that while people within WWE believe they will sign with Vince McMahon’s promotion, those in the know think AEW will end up being their destination:
“There are those in WWE who believe they will be starting in September there, but most close to the situation expect the decision will be AEW.”
Should LAX decide to sign with AEW, the duo will be thrust into the incredibly stacked tag division that boasts talented teams such as The Young Bucks. SCU, Best Friends, Private Party and The Rhodes Brothers.
However, the most exciting prospect is for LAX and Pentagon Jr. and Rey Fenix of the Lucha Bros to revisit their exceptional feud from 2018 in Impact. The matches the four men put on were great, and would certainly put AEW’s tag team division on the map.
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Hilarious Guess From WWE Week On Wheel Of Fortune [VIDEO]
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Former WWE Star Opens Up About Pregnancy